Basic rules for betting at bookmakers
Any field of activity has its own rules and peculiarities, knowledge of which gives confidence in the correctness of actions. The world of betting also has rules, and before placing the first bet at the bookmaker, a beginner should get acquainted with them. After all, ignorance of the law is not an excuse. Betting is no exception – if players don’t learn the rules, all responsibility rests solely on them.
Information portal Scores24 offers its guests a maximum of useful information that will help the novice player to quickly grasp all the subtleties of betting and learn how to place successful bets on sports.
General rules of bookmakers
In addition to betting rules, there are axioms that all gamblers need to know. Therefore, it is worth noting that all existing rules are conventionally divided into three types: general, main and special, as well as basic axioms in sports betting. The general rules give an opportunity to get into the essence of betting and the gameplay as a whole:
- Bets are made on events that are presented in the line of the bookmaker’s office;
- Quotation of the outcome, on which the bet is made, will not change in the case of increasing or decreasing the values of the odds;
- The bet cannot be canceled at the player’s request. The only option to cancel it is the suspicion of the office that the upcoming game has a fixed nature. In this case, a refund is made to the players’ accounts.
- Determination of the bets results is based on the official source, which is specified in the rules of each betting company.
Knowledge of the basic rules can save players from negative situations, which are directly related to betting:
- Betting is allowed to persons of legal age;
- One account at each bookmaker is created;
- Access to all bets is possible after registration and verification;
- Authentic personal information is required during the registration process so that there are no problems with the withdrawal of funds;
- Withdrawal of funds is available mainly through e-wallets or bank cards, which were used to deposit the account;
- Each bookmaker has the right to refuse a player to place a bet without explaining the reasons. Some of them accept only one bet per event, i.e. it is not allowed to place two different bets on the same game.
- Made bets can be executed by return, if there was a mistake of the bookmaker when placing odds.
After placing a bet on the bookmaker’s site, the player may sometimes encounter unexpected situations: game cancellation, postponement of the meeting, stopping the event. Such moments are provided in the rules of each bookmaker, but some return funds, while others consider these bets lost, and therefore do not return anything.
The rules of legal bookmaker’s offices practically do not differ, there are only minor differences:
- The size of odds for the same game;
- The types of events that are offered in the lines;
- The available outcomes for a particular match;
- The maximum and minimum amounts of money for betting, deposits or withdrawals.
These are the special rules, which you also need to know and take into account when playing for bets. And now you should pay attention to the postulates that exist in betting:
- It is possible to make money on bets only if quality analysis is carried out.
- Obligatory control of emotions. Only a calm and balanced person can soberly assess the situation.
- Strict adherence to the chosen strategy.
- A betting game is a gamble, and there is always a risk in gambling. Do not forget about it.
- It is obligatory to keep your own statistics on bets. Analyze the mistakes you have made, so that you do not make them in the future.
- Constant self-development – regularly replenish your knowledge.
Always be familiar with the rules of bookmakers, so as not to become a victim of cheating or unpleasant situations. A player must know all the pitfalls so as not to lose money.