Do you live in an apartment block? Do you struggle to find ample storage space for all your belongings? Would you like some valuable hints and tips to provide more storage? If so, please read on while I discuss storage solutions for the modern apartment dweller. From handy products that maximise the available space in small apartments to the affordable self-storage options at sites that are popping up all over Bangkok.
The Challenges of High-Rise Living
Firstly, just let me say ‘you’re not alone’ most people living in an apartment struggle to find enough storage space particularly in the smaller units that are sometimes the norm. But with some simple creative planning and the right strategies it’s easily possible to live small and store big. Let discuss some quick and easy fixes that you can put in place straight away –
- Go vertical – use shelves effectively especially in kitchens and living rooms, using staggered ladder shelves are also a great idea.
- Hide your storage – use under bed draws or upholstered benches to disguise storage areas.
- Use dead space – using hooks and slim storage baskets on the back of doors maximises space.
- Choose storage units wisely – pick pieces that have a dual purpose, a unit with a tabletop leave further space for storage jars or basket on top.
- Edit your stuff – most people keep more than they need, store only what you really need and sell or donate the remainder.
It’s also important to keep the floor clear of clutter in small apartments, this will give you the appearance of more space, open storage on walls or shelves can be homes for everyday items like keys or purses. You normally use different clothes during the changing seasons so use collapsible clothes bags to store out of season items while you’re not wearing them.
Finding Off Site Self Storage
You may find yourself in a situation where despite all the handy tips and tricks you still need more storage space. Don’t despair as help is at hand at one of many self-storage facilities now open in Bangkok. These are temperature-controlled storage spaces that you can rent on flexible terms and suit most types of storage problems both large and small. Your given a pin code for your unit and can access your stored belongings twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Many people living in apartments are finding this is a superb and convenient solution to the problem of storage space.
I hope I’ve given you some helpful information to providing more storage space in your apartment, don’t let the lack of space hold you back and try some of the tips today!